18 February 2015

Heart Surgery Update: Week Five

Wow! Hard to believe it’s already been five weeks since my open-heart surgery. I still find it hard to believe I actually had “open heart surgery,” but that’s another issue entirely.

With the exception of the cough that refuses to go away, I feel basically the same as I did prior to surgery. Many of my heart-related symptoms seem to have disappeared (shortness of breath, getting light headed), but it’s too early to tell. My energy levels are still all over the place; but, generally, the energetic days are getting more in number, while the exhausted days are being reduced.

In fact, I was able to walk about a half mile today to a near-by diner for all-you-can-eat fish fry (pictured) -- one of my favorite things in the whole world. Apparently, “all I can eat” was one piece (including fries and the salad). I guess my appetite is not yet back to where it used to be.

No comments: