21 February 2012

News on the Home Front

I've been a writer for a very long time -- I had my first newspaper article published while I was still in high school. I've written for newspapers, magazines, radio and a little television -- but never had any long-form writing published. Well, it's been a long time in coming, but I have finally gotten my first novel published!

"News on the Home Front" covers one of my favorite subjects: life on the home front during World War Two. What were people doing in the states while their loved ones fought overseas? How did people cope with rationing and shortages of even the most basic things like sugar, coffee, shoes, tires? How did they help the war effort by donating metal, saving scrap paper, selling fat from their dinners to the local butcher? It was an amazing time.

Specifically, my novel looks at the lives of two women who were friends from childhood and how the war has affected them.

I think it's a pretty exciting look at life on the home front -- and now it's available as an ebook through Amazon. You can read a free preview and download it here.

I am especially happy with the great cover for my novel designed by my very talented spouse, Matt.

No comments: