09 July 2007

But We Do Rate One of These

Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that, apparently, the good people at Twentieth Century Fox Television and 7-Eleven Corp do not think Phoenix rates a Kwik-E-Mart.

Today, I visited the closest 7-Eleven to our house (15th Avenue and Indian School) because it was my understanding that ALL 7-Elevens in the country would have "Simpsons" merchandise. Not only did this store NOT have any "Simpsons" merchandise, the clerk did not appear to have any clue what I was talking about.


So, trying to be understanding, I asked him if there was a 7-Eleven near by that might have any "Simpsons" merchandise. After thinking a moment, he said "Maybe, no."


Humph.


I can report sighting one promotional piece for the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie": at the cinema near our house they actually have one of the cardboard Simpsons couches complete with plastic family (similar to the one pictured). The only difference is that the couch is starting to come apart, and someone stole Homer's arm (which is apparently becoming the thing to do).

No comments: