13 July 2010

Fuck You, FCC!

I am not the kind of person prone to swearing. Oh, sure, I swear on occasion -- especially when I'm sure it will shock some bluenose. I love the look on their faces, don't you? Anyway, I don't think intelligent people need to use vulgarities as part of everyday speech BUT I am totally against any person or entity passing laws that forbid such words.

So, it is with great happiness that I tell the morons in the Federal Communications Commission to go fuck themselves.

Yes, that's right: we are talking about the decision today to stop aggressive FCC regulations that went into effect in 2004 with encouragement by the Bush administration as a means to pander for votes from the "ultra conservative" types who insist that everyone in the world think as they do, act as they do, and only fuck in the missionary position.

The decision by the Second Circuit Court of Appeals results from a suit brought by the FOX network against the FCC. (And no, you do not need to point out the irony that I am actually HAPPY about something done by FOX ....)

So, score one for freedom of thought and speech. You can read more about the decision here.

No comments: