15 October 2009

Left Hand: Let Me Introduce Right Hand

In another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, I present this:

On the same day that Politico runs an article about a white political candidate not being embarrassed to let people know his wife is black and their children biracial, we get an article by the Associated Press about a white woman who is denied a marriage license because her male partner is black. WTF?

I love how the clerk who denied the license tries to make it better by basically saying: "I'm not just an asshole to this couple. I'm an asshole to everyone who I do not think should be married." Oh, and don't miss the great comment from an ACLU spokesperson: "The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry." Yeh, as long as you are not gay or lesbian, right?

Man, talk about one screwed up society!

No comments: