28 March 2006

Is There a North Park?

This article from the Times of London has many interesting thoughts on the recent series of controversies involving "South Park" -- the best written show on television today.

I will readily admit I did not watch "South Park" for the first few years because I (quite uncharacteristically) allowed myself to be swayed by the opinions of others who dismissed it as nothing but potty humor and fart jokes -- which it is. However, between the farts and bleeps is a lot of very intelligent observation about the world around us -- and some of the smartest satire in my memory.

The new season just started last week. If you haven't yet, you might tune it in. It may take a little getting used to (something like reading subtitles on foreign films); but, after a little while, you will wonder how you lived without it so long.

No comments: